This page is dedicated to sharing my current budget with you. I’m not leaving anything out here. The entire thing is number for number what I’m using to run my finances from month to month. It’s just a simple spreadsheet, but I’m pretty good with spreadsheets and I can modify it however I see fit. Best of all, using Open Office means it’s FREE.
Here’s some links to the budget in different formats:
You’re more than welcome to copy this and use it as your own. Modify it, chop it up…whatever. If it helps you, then great! That’s why I’m sharing it!
- I’m in the situation where I just have too many expenses for how much I’m making. Supporting a family of 8 can really be more expensive than you realize. Sure I make 80K/yr. That may sound like a lot, but it doesn’t go very far when you’re up to your ears in debt.
- I have no cash in the bank, and only a fraction of our emergency fund started. This is a really bad situation to be in for the next 6 weeks because Murphy’s law states that something bad will happen just because I can’t afford it right now.
- There’s a lot of crap that we need to get rid of. Sell sell sell! We could have another garage sale before it gets too cold. Or we could learn how to start selling things on eBay. Either way, we need to turn our crap into money soon.
- I can’t get another job. My wife can really only work a couple days a week. So I need to get moving on some of the other "Internet Entrepreneurial" ideas that I’ve been meaning to get to to try to generate more streams of income on the side.
- I have a sub-prime mortgage. It sucks, and there’s not really anything I can do about it now until I pay off the 2nd mortgage or come across something I can use as collateral until my home is worth both mortgages put together. I’m barely on schedule to be able to do this before the ARM can start adjusting rates. This is BAD.
There’s lots of other little things, but I’ll point them out as I go or make them article subjects. Regardless, it’s going to be a lot of work getting out of debt with this budget! I’m definitely going to be making some changes to make our money work for us a little better.